Currently seeking Guardian Homes for females! Please contact me for specifics
In an effort to continually improve our breeding program while insuring our breeding dogs are loved unconditionally we have decided to implement guardian homes. We believe that breeding dogs should be family first and all of ours are. We don’t want to have more dogs than we can handle and give daily attention and love on every day. Dogs are not meant to live in kennels and that is the way we believe it should be. It is a great way for you to get our pick of the litter at half cost. After the dogs breeding career is over your purchase price will be refunded. You will have a great family pet and we will retain breeding rights until their breeding career is over.
We are very selective of who we choose to become a guardian family. Our primary concern is that our dogs go into safe homes where they will be well taken care of and loved as a family member. They must be in a home where they are not able to escape or get bred while in season. We expect the guardian parents to allow the dog to be a part of the family (a house dog). We look for people who are experienced dog owners.
Families that are interested in breeding dogs are not good guardian families. We are placing dogs in their permanent family home, not in a breeding home. We do not split litters with Guardian Parents. This is not a program for someone who wants to be a breeder, but a guardian program in order to provide good forever homes for our dogs.
Guardian programs provide benefits for the Guardian family:
- Guardian families have a “pick of the litter” puppy chosen by the breeder
- Guardian families will have their dog health tested at our cost
- Guardian families receive ongoing support and training directly from the breeder of their dog
- Guardian families can schedule trips during breedings/whelpings
- Guardian families will have the spay/neuter paid for by us when the dog retires.
Guardian programs provides benefits for the Dog:
- The dog doesn’t need to be re-homed as an adult after retiring
- The dog has at least two familiar stable home environments in which to live and be loved unconditionally
- The dogs are extremely well-socialized and flexible
There are a few requirements for providing a Guardian home for one of our dogs:
- Guardians must have some previous dog experience
- Guardians must live in a house with a fully fenced yard
- Guardians must keep the dog on a leash when outside unless the dog is in the fenced area
- Guardians must take their dog to puppy obedience classes
- Guardians must ensure the puppy is socialized to adults, children and other dogs
- Guardians must provide appropriate veterinary or emergency care when needed including annual shots and heartworm preventative
- Guardians must feed the dog Life’s Abundance as we feel this is the most nutritious food for our breeding dogs.
- Guardians must not allow the dog to participate in extended strenuous running on concrete or other hard surface before 15 months of age
- Guardians must notify breeder immediately when a female begins her heat cycle
- Guardians must not allow a female around intact males during her cycle
- Guardians must not allow a male to breed ANY females other than those chosen by the breeder at a time determined by the breeder
- Guardians must not have any unaltered dogs in the home unless another Guardian dog from CNR Farms.
- Guardians must live within an hour of CNR Farms(unless approved by us)
- Guardians and all others that live within the home must come to our farm for a meeting and interview
- Guardians must give monthly updates of the dog including pictures during the first year of life and then every 2-3 months so that we can update our website with weight, temperament, coat, etc. (updates more often are completely welcome but will not be expected)
- Guardians must communicate, cooperate and coordinate with the breeder regarding testing, matings, whelpings, and other breeding related activities
Think this fits you? Fill out the Guardian Home Form and I will send you more information about our program.